Benedict Hall...It is crunch time. I have to get this paper done as if my life depends on it. Five pages about the evolution of Spanish theater and poetry from the years of 1806-1871. I have been working all day on it here at the Perry-Castañeda Library here at the University of Texas and I am really tired of thinking about it. I am so anxious for this quarter to be finally over that I can actually feel my brain pulsate underneath my skull. The only thing standing in the way of this quarter being finished is this paper and I must crush it! Ha.
I am anticipating a huge relief of stress (I have recently gotten four kanker sores in my mouth -- one for each class this term) after this quarter is over along with a noticeable increase in sleep. Speaking of which...I cannot necessarily remember the last time I got a really full night of sleep. What a good time it will be in about 24 hours.
Here is a picture of Benedict Hall, the location for the Spanish & Portuguese Department here at the University of Texas. Turns out it is right by the library here. Before coming on this trip I had thought about visiting the Spanish building on campus, I had known it was named Benedict Hall but hadn't made plans yet to visit it and then, all of a sudden, as I was walking to the library I see a sign that spelled it out. It's exciting to be here but I wish I had more time.
No comments:
Post a Comment