Día 152 | Domingo, 31 de Mayo | 2009

Rickety bridge...

Another mad day on the road.  Now we are in Otavalo (a fairly-sized town about two hours outside of Quito).  We couldn't just go from point A to point B in a straight line though.  (Mindo is actually somewhat close to Otavalo but because lack of roads we had to back to Quito and then to Otavalo; kind of in a circular merry-go-round method).  

It feels good to be pampered.  In Mindo, the rooms had more of a woodsy camp feel and there wasn't any hot water.  Here in Otavalo, though, we are decked out with warm water and a more comfy hotel atmosphere.  We will be here tomorrow night too and then Tuesday we are off to Quito.

I am feeling even more homesick to see family and Caitlin today than I was yesterday. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am homesick for you too, even though I'm not literally homesick... nothing's the same without you. Nothing ever feels quite right. I can't wait to see you.