Day 241 | Friday, August 28 | 2009

Caitlin...

Today I am twenty four years young. Feels exactly the same as it did when I was twenty three yesterday. Twenty four. On to bigger and better things, right?

I had a lovely lunch with an even lovelier lady. My sweetheart took me out to arguably my favorite restaurant Casa Nueva and I am so thankful that she had a gap in her busy schedule to be with me. I am really proud of how hard she is working -- I cannot remember which one of my friends said it but they (along with me) thought that college would not be so bad if someone like Caitlin (or especially Caitlin herself!) were their R.A.

The rest of the day was also really pleasant. Met with Mike and Shannon of whom I feel bad about being so out of touch, I met up briefly with Julia at Donkey to talk about her film project and my sound project, and then ended the day nicely by being treated to dinner by Rem and Amanda. Mike and Shannon lent me The Fool's Progress: An Honest Novel by Edward Abbey and we also got to talking about various things like how Gram Parsons' cadaver was partly burned by his friends in the desert. As we were talking about Gram Parsons, one of his songs eerily made its way onto the randomized playlist of Mike and Shannon's iPod.

No comments: