Southeast Engine...Southeast Engine made a return in playing live after a six month (and much deserved) break. They all dressed up as 'ghost farmers' for tonight's show at Casa Nueva and I must say that it was a great show. It had been a long time since I had seen them play -- I am not sure if I had ever seen them play with Billy -- and it brought a good feeling to my heart to be there for it.
The music world is, for the lack of better words, really fucked up. Why Southeast Engine is not enjoying the same accolade / fame as bands like Bright Eyes, Okkervil River, or Wilco is beyond me. It is so hard to get recognition / credibility from the Powers that Be and, especially with that being so, it seems like it is not even worth it. Why don't we just accept the fact that the music industry / hype machine is most always wrong and misses writing about really good bands. Anyways, I hope the band's lack of recognition doesn't do them in; I hope that they can keep playing and writing and show that there is still a light on in the attic that is their artistic muse.
I'm going to go see Caitlin now; she's on duty again tonight but only for a couple more hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment